Monday, November 14, 2011

News Flash: Cooking is not rocket science!

I enjoy cooking, so I do it often enough that I've picked up a few pointers along the way. Also, after more than 30 years of marriage, I've had the time to weed out some "clunker" recipes and concentrate on those that are healthy, easy to make and delicious. This blog and the accompanying book (available on Amazon.com) are the result of 33 years of collecting, compiling, and creating what I consider to be the best recipes for a wide variety of foods, encompassing not only traditional Italian cuisine, but also German, Thai, Chinese, Greek, Jewish and several more. All you'll need to prepare these recipes is some basic kitchen equipment, the fortitude to soldier on after the occasional spectacular flop, and, of course, food testers--those people daring enough to taste your latest attempt and loving enough to forget your failures.

Please share your attempts, your successes, even your failures with me. Ask any questions you might have and I'll answer to the best of my ability (and promise to tell you if I haven't a clue!) Let me know when you discover a better way of doing something--I am always eager to learn and to pass along the lessons. Mostly COOK! Try to cook something at least once a day...it's the best way to ensure healthy meals for yourself and those you love, as well as ensuring time to connect. Happy cooking!

No comments: